Other Links of Interest for
Professionals in Renal Care
This listing of sites of possible interest is provided as a convenience to visitors to this web site. Although the
content on the sites listed below comes from sources believed to be accurate, there may be inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Nephros South makes no representations about the results to be obtained from using any of these sites or the content. The
use of any information from these sites is at your own risk.
- http://www.achoo.com/main.asp - Catalogs, indexes, describes, and evaluates healthcare information on the Internet.
- http://www.ama-assn.org/- The AMA is comprised of physicians caring for patients and is an
excellent resource for medical information.
- http://www.cma.ca/cma/common/start.do?lang=2 - CMA Journal, clinical practice guidelines, CME, forums, and other medical information, both in English and French.
- http://hfhs-cce.org/ - CHSR (formerly the Center for Clinical Effectiveness) serves to coordinate and improve
the research, development and implementation of clinical policies applicable to the health care community.
- http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui - The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through
its National Library of Medicine, has developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members and members of the
public current information about clinical research studies.
- http://www.docguide.com/dgc.nsf/ge/Unregistered.User.545434 - Sponsored by Doctor's Guide Publishing Limited, providing links to more than 1500 peer-reviewed journal articles and other
- http://www.emedicine.com/home/ - eMedicine, Inc. is the developer of a new networking
online publishing software that allows authors and editors from around the world to write peer reviewed articles online
quickly and efficiently.
- http://www.eneph.com/ - Web site sponsored by Dialysis & Transplantation magazine.
- http://www.guideline.gov/body_home_nf.asp - A public resource for evidence-based
clinical practice guidelines. NGC is sponsored by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research in partnership with the American
Medical Association and the American Association of Health Plans.
- http://hstat.nlm.nih.gov/hq/Hquest/screen/Faq/s/63509 - HSTAT is a free, electronic resource
that provides access to the full-text of documents useful in health care decision making.
- http://www.nephronline.com/ - Nephrology News & Issues is one of the publications available on the Medical News
Network, a network of independent journal publishers combining resources to serve the medical community.
- http://www.ohsu.edu/cliniweb/wwwvl/ - The world of on-line biomedicine.
- http://www.os.dhhs.gov/ Includes links to the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Food and Drug Administration
and many other medical departments of the U.S. Government.
- Yahoo's Medical List - More consumer-oriented, but still a good source for medical information.
and information offered by these sites are intended for educational and informational purposes only and are not intended to
replace the services of a trained health professional or to be a substitute for medical advice of physicians and/or other
health care professionals. You should consult your physician on specific medical questions, particularly in matters requiring
diagnosis or medical attention. All information is provided without warranty of any kind and is for informational use